fot

Re: Chuck it!

To: "kas kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>,
Subject: Re: Chuck it!
From: "John Kipping" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 10:16:13 +1300
Don't keep worn out mechanical bits such as rusty discs, vertical links with
bad threads, scored drums, worn suspension joints. If you have spare "big
bits" such as unknown gearboxes, steering racks, cylinder heads, etc look to
a parts supplier to take them away for you - hopefully what's left is a bit
more manageable.
Question or query for Kas - have you ever seen one of the Israeli 1500
cranks? which look like a Spitfire III crank (except for the tapered nose),
although they have the normal 1500 size bearings, probably made in the late
sixties. I can't work out why Triumph went to the heavy webs for all other
1500 engines starting with the 1500 FWD in 1971 as the lightweight one I
have fitted in my Herald goes extremely well.
John Kipping