fot

Re: limited slips

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: limited slips
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 15:14:53 -0800
In my Morgan is use a "salisbury" clutch type diff. It is set up without any
"curved" or spring clutch plates. It has only flat clutch plates set up with
a total of .010" end float in the clutch pack. Any time ANY throttle is
applied, the clutches are locked up. Whenever the engine is on overrun, the
clutches release and the car behaves as if it had an open diff. The lock up
upon throttle application is instantaneous, and there is nver any slippage
of the clutches except when turning corners with almost no throttle applied.
This prevents excessive heat generation in the diff which normally occures
with a conventionally set up "Salisbury" or "Positraction" limited slip. It
really behaves life a "Detroit Locker" but without the harsh "ratcheting"
effect.
    Use of the correct oil is imperative.

Regards, Greg Solow