fot

RE: Clogging Sand Blast Cabinet

To: elliott@videotron.ca, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Clogging Sand Blast Cabinet
From: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:33:04 -0500
Don:

Does the compressor air outlet have an air dryer on it? The sand feed to our
sandblaster cabinet at work will clog if the dryer isn't on or is broken.
The water in the air is absorbed by the sand and the wet sand clogs the
works somewhere.

Also, the bottom of our beadblaster cabinet is an inverted pyramid shape so
that the beads that have done the blasting will funnel down to the bottom
and feed into the return line.  Sometimes the beads get hung up in the
funnel and won't go into the return, so they quit feeding. The fix? A good
kick on the bottom of the cabinet!

John Herrera