fot

Re: re-torqing cylinder heads hot???

To: BillB@bnj.com, rocky@tri.net, bradlnss@lightspeed.net, FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: re-torqing cylinder heads hot???
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 08:50:47 EST
Something not addressed here, and perhaps it is not relevant......???

The block side threads are necessarily coarse going into gray iron or cast
iron castings.

Not very scientific on my part, but my head tells me to moderately torque the
blockside fastenings as they are more 'anchors' than anything else.