fot

Re: JET-HOT HEADERS

To: "Coffey, Jack" <CoffeyJack@bfusa.com>, <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: JET-HOT HEADERS
From: Irv Korey <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 18:03:09 -0600
At 10:16 AM 3/8/04, Coffey, Jack wrote:

>These headers are made by Pacesetter  (1 <" primary & 2 =" collector) - anyone
>have any experience with this manufacturer?

Jack,

My experience with Pacesetter headers was VERY unsatisfactory. They did not
fit well when new and required much grinding to fit. The pipes were bent in
such a manner that there was little room to get a wrench on the fasteners
near the first and last pipes. As a result, they always leaked and burned
up gaskets, and I couldn't drive the car with the top up without gagging.
You don't want that crap on your so very nice 250.

When I replaced them with the SS headers from Roadster Factory (NFI), I was
astonished at how much better made they were and how much better they fit
(trouble free for 6 years now). In addition, the pipes were substantially
bigger in diameter and the bends were way smoother.

Avoid Pacesetter at all costs. You're better off retaining your stock
exhaust manifold than buying a set of Pacesetters.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
63 TR4 VSCDA Group 2 #58
Highland Park, IL