fot

Speed Traps

To: fal@knology.net, johnkipping@inet.net.nz, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Speed Traps
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 09:13:25 EST
Yup, they did a TV News Magazine Expose` segment on this Ohio town. It was
awful.

Radar devices were sold as revenue producers for small towns. There were a
few notorious traps in Iowa, but they seem to have diminished greatly.

The 'town' in Ohio was hardly a town and seemingly very corrupt, with not
much accounting of where the money went, as I remember.

In the 60s, Lind Bros. Racing were caught speeding in Wisconsin. Since they
had no funds on them, they spent the night in the slammer. Not likely to happen
these days.