fot

Interesting Hydrogen stuff plus LBC question

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Interesting Hydrogen stuff plus LBC question
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:42:17 -0800
I love this kind of stuff.
http://www.technologyreview.com/articles/rnb_030804.asp?trk=nl

Makes you realize that some of the really persistent problems (like what are
we gonna do when we run out of dead dinosaur juice) may not be all that big
of a problem. And the solutions might be very prosaic. A fuel injector and a
catalyst to make hydrogen from ethanol, and a fuel cell to convert it to
electricity. Hmm, no noise, portable, potentially cheap fuel, pure water
from the fuel cell as a byproduct. I wonder what comes out of the H2
converter. C2H5OH goes in, but I don't know anything about catalyzed
reactions like this.

Is anyone else really interested in that car on eBay. I don't want to get in
a bidding war with one of you guys.