fot

RE: Interesting Hydrogen stuff plus LBC question

To: "Michael D. Porter" <portermd@zianet.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Interesting Hydrogen stuff plus LBC question
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 07:22:34 -0800
I knew somebody in FOT to would know a lot about his. I figured that carbon
had to be a problem. I noticed at the car show this year that there were a
great number of larger vehicles that could run alternative fuels. Most
interesting to me is that their injection is completely adaptive (if the
sales guys are to be believed). I asked if there was any procedure required
to switch fuel--like emptying the tank, etc. They said no--you can mix
freely, the injection and injection adjusts to the mixture across the
spectrum from all gas to all alcohol. Makes sense considering no adjustment
is necessary to run Gasohol.

I just read an article about the Prius that said Toyota will sell 150,000 of
them this year worldwide. That's a huge number for a hybrid.  Whenever I see
the name I immediately think Priapism. Sometimes a cigar is not a cigar.