fot

RE: 5.3 Litre Powered Tow Vehicle

To: "Don Marshall" <marshall@nefcom.net>,
Subject: RE: 5.3 Litre Powered Tow Vehicle
From: Henry Frye <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 12:12:23 -0500
At 11:17 AM 03/18/2004 -0500, Don Marshall wrote:
>Another option to consider is a lighter enclosed trailer... I didn't
>want to buy a huge tow vehicle so I got the smallest, lightest enclosed
>trailer I could find that a TR4 would fit into.  It's not as convenient
>as the bigger trailers, in that I can't carry spare engines, trannys,
>etc. like Henry does,

Hey, I NEVER once brought a spare engine to the track... Not that I
couldn't have used it.   ;-)  And not that it might not happen in the future...

If I had to replace my rig from scratch I would seriously consider what Don
did. Makes a whole lotta sense. I do think the lightweight trailer will
hold it's value.

FWIW, since Don dragged my into this thread, I came to the conclusion that
a pickup is not the way to go as a tow vehicle. A well set up full sized
van is much more convenient to organize and retrieve spares.

Final words. Diesel. Tow once with a current generation diesel truck and
you will never consider another gas powered tow vehicle.