fot

Re: O/D troubleshooting help needed - Hallett report at end

To: "Susan Kahler" <spitfiresuz@141.com>
Subject: Re: O/D troubleshooting help needed - Hallett report at end
From: "John Kipping" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 19:49:30 +1200
>From your description I assume you have modified the cam under the gearbox
top as this is the only way to get overdrive in second. However you are
putting a huge strain on the unit if you put your foot down hard in second
overdrive, possibly more than enough to  cause it to pop out particularly if
the it is a 75-78 type with early relief valve with even lower pressure than
intended. Does it tend to come back into overdrive when you lift off a bit?
In any case it would probably benefit from higher operating pressure - it
isn't easy to get a lot more from the early valves - the later ones can be
easily pushed up with some thin shims.
John Kipping