fot

engine bearings

To: "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: engine bearings
From: "riverside" <riverside@Cedar-Rapids.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 11:45:52 -0700
Group,
    After our bearing thread a couple weeks ago, I contacted the folks
at King and just received their catalog.  Their bearings are a bit
different in construction than the trimetals we have grown to love.
They have two lines of bearings -street, and competition- that
aparently use similar materials:  steel backing with silicone/aluminum
face for the street and steel back with  "aluminum, tin,copper,
and other metals" face for the race bearings.
I find only a few American V8's in the hipo section of the catalog.
Plenty of TR bearings in the street section.  Has anyone actually
acquired any experience with these bearings on the street and/or
track.

art d