fot

Re: Roll bar material

To: "MARK J WEATHERS" <markjwea@email.msn.com>,
Subject: Re: Roll bar material
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 16:39:08 -0500
I'm no engineer and have no idea what "low carbon steel" or even
"high-strength chrome-moly" is from a technical standpoint -- but I know
neither term appears in SCCA's rulebooks.

Both require "seamless or DOM (drawn over mandrel) mild steel tubing (SAE
1010, 1020 or 1025) or equivalent or alloy steel tubing (SAE 4130)." Quote
is from the GCR. Solo also allows ERW, whatever that is, but in the same
paragraph and in italics "strongly" recommends against it.

--Rocky Entriken