fot

RE: Brake Fluids

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@cox.net>, Editorgary@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Brake Fluids
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 10:22:09 -0700
There's nothing wrong with it, it just isn't best for racing. I had it in my
NASCAR TR3, and five or six laps into a race my brakes would get a bit
spongy. Still there, but less precise. I swapped to Dot 4 and they don't. Of
course I need to change the fluid frequently, and any spill lifts paint. I
doubt you'd ever notice this aspect of the compromises in an autocross car.