fot

Tow vehicle operating temp

To: <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tow vehicle operating temp
From: "Don Marshall" <marshall@nefcom.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:19:48 -0400
All, I can't seem to find anything on the internet or at Ford so
hopefully someone on the list can help me.

My little 1994 motor home has a Ford 460 fuel injected engine and I
recently had mechanical oil pressure and temperature gauges installed to
combat flaky electric gauges.  Can anyone tell me what the normal
operating temperature ought to be for that engine?  On the way back from
VIR on the interstate in 95 degree heat it was showing around 235 on the
gauge at 65 mph.  If the normal operating range is from 200 to 250 then
I'm OK.  OTOH, if it's from 180 to 220 I have a problem.  Any help is
appreciated.  Don