fot

Re: Hot manifold question

To: MJSUKEY@cs.com
Subject: Re: Hot manifold question
From: portermd@zianet.com
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 23:19:13 -0600
MJSUKEY@cs.com writes:

> OK folks, another dumb question for you.  Jason and I finally got the fresh
> motor installed and fired up tonight in the TR6.  10:30 at night we had the
>car
> out side with the hood off and fired her up.  We noticed a very slight orange
> glow to the exhaust manifold.  I tweaked the HD8's somewhat and it did not
> appear to be lean  but we did not have much time left to do much
>experimenting.

Don't think this is a problem. When I was racing roundy-rounders, there were
all sorts of interesting header colors one could see at night through the
wheel wells. One could always tell the people who were cheating with a bit
too much nitromethane--their headers were white-hot and very nearly
translucent. Of course, their engines also blew up on the 75-lap races,
too... that was another way to tell.... *smile*

Cheers.