fot

Re: Yoko tire prssures

To: kaskas@cox.net ("kas kastner"), fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Yoko tire prssures
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 21:16:48 -0400
In a message dated 7/14/2004 6:44:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "kas kastner"
<kaskas@cox.net> writes:

>I have a friend that is going to his first race (ever) with his TR-4.  He has
>fitted Yoko 205/55/15 AO 32 tires. He needs a recommendation on a starting
>pressure.  Pretty much stock suspension and engine slightly modified. The Yoko
>people told him that higher pressure gave higher temps and that is contrary to
>anything I've ever experienced.
>
>"Never be beaten by Equipment"
>Kas Kastner

Fellow tire changers-

I have run both the A008's and the 032's and find that the 032's want a few
more pounds than the A008's. In the TR$A irs car it seems to want about 28-29
in front and about a pound less in the rear. These numbers give the best tire
temps with this car. It also seems that the 032's want to see a bit more camber
than other tires. The Duke ends up running about -2.5 in the rear and about
-3.5 in the front. My perception is that the 032's have perhaps a bit softer
wall than other similar tires, hence need a little extra help with the
additional camber and inflation.

Of course I could be all wrong as everybody's car is very different and
everyone's style varies.

Not much style myself...
       Nick in Nor Cal