fot

RE: Yoko tire pressures

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Yoko tire pressures
From: "Jim Gambony" <britbits@tiu.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 07:33:56 -0500
Bill,

I wasn't saying that an autocross setup (camber/caster etc) will work
perfectly for road racing.  I was just pointing out a way to get to a
starting point for finding good tire temps.

If you'd like, you can imagine an autocross as a 40 to 70 second run at a
figure 8 skid pad.  The tires are being placed under their maximum sidewall
or 60 mph are not unknown.  In a big parking lot.

In autocross the goal in setting tire pressures is to keep the tire from
rolling too much onto the sidewalls.  Basically, to keep the car riding on
the tread portion of the tire.

Cheers,

Jim
Dallas TX