fot

cylinder liner height problem

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: cylinder liner height problem
From: SpiwakD@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:33:20 EDT
I was unable to get a good seal with a steel gasket and upon removing the
head, found that all the liners are 1-2 thousandths high on one side of the car
and 4-6 thousandths on the other. Heights were measured with the liners torqued
down with a steel plate.

This is an older engine which I have run for years with no problems. I can
get a good seal with a stock head gasket, but part of the gasket protrudes into
the combustion chamber. I am thinking of trying one of the solid gaskets from
Gasket Works, unless someone can tell me how to level the liners.
                                                                Dave