fot

Re: TR 4A IRS Twitch

To: Gerald M Van Vlack <jerryvv@alltel.net>,
Subject: Re: TR 4A IRS Twitch
From: Don Elliott <58tr3a@videotron.ca>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 00:50:13 -0400
With about 130,000 miles on my TR3A, I have to say that I had a kind of
sash-ay in the right rear side as you describe.  It happened on curves as
well as long smooth dips in the road.  After driving from Montreal to VTR in
Portland Oregon, I was almost home having driven 7210 miles that trip.  I
still had 7 miles to go and I broke the right rear leaf springs.  I limped
home the last 7 miles and the next day, I took it all apart.  The two outer
leaves had a new fractures as seen by the shiny breaks.  But the two inner
leaves had been broken at least 2 years or more, since I first noticed the
sash-ay like you describe.  Those fractures were very rusty indicating that
they had been broken for some period of time.

Hope the above helps

Don Elliott, original Owner, 1958 TR3A