fot

Re: merge collectors

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: merge collectors
From: "John Wilkins" <john@race-dogs.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 17:33:50 -0700
I also use a tri-y merge collector system - this is the only header that I
can seriously say improved my scavenging with a noticeable difference. It
added 5 hp and 5 lbs of torque just by changing the header. Dyno sheets
don't lie. I use to think bigger is better coming from a SB Chevy
background - Not true - I found out talking to header experts. I would
suggest anyone looking at building their own header contact Burns Stainless
in Anaheim, CA.
They will put together a spec sheet of primary tube lengths, tube diameter
and which collectors to go with.
All you do is supply the needed specs on the sheet from their website and
they will do the rest.
good luck,

John Wilkins
"66 Triumph Spitfire #892