fot

TR3 Frame work

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 Frame work
From: Todd Redmond <alfetta95@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 10:11:14 -0400
Hi List,

Thanks for adding me to the list!

I have a 1958 TR3-A TS29341.  Raced in the 60's by my father in the SCCA with
the Steel Cities Region.  The car is completely taken apart. Body off the
frame, engine apart.  Pretty much a "Box" project.  I did all of the
dismantling 20yrs ago when I was young and stupid.  Now older and still stupid,
I have started the proccess of rebuilding for a vintage racer and maybe some
regional SCCA.  I have Kas's black book and we are using it to guide us.

Here come the questions...

1. I'm having the frame stengthened with gussets.  Any areas we should pay
special attention to?  The front shock towers maybe?

2.  I want to add rack and pinon steering.  Do I have to buy the "kit" from
england or is there an easier way?

Thanks in advance.

Todd Redmond