fot

Re: Mr. Tullius' Airplane Hanger @ Sebring

To: sbracing@sbcglobal.net, fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Mr. Tullius' Airplane Hanger @ Sebring
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 13:17:26 EDT
In a message dated 09/27/2004 11:32:47 AM Central Daylight Time,
sbracing@sbcglobal.net writes:

> I hear that Bob's airplane hanger at the Sebring airport took a heavy hit
> this past hurricane.  The large hanger doors were blown off and luckily
> outward.  The large skylights however were blown in and fell down into the
>hanger.
> All I know is that the Stearman biplane was damaged.  There is usually 5 or
> 6 planes in the hanger.
>
> Why does this matter to use FOT folks?  The very last TR6, a TR8 race car
> and 4 GTP Jaguars share the hanger with the airplanes. I will let you know
>more
> when I find out.

Amici:

WOW!

Yes, I visited that hanger, when I raced at SEBRING.  Very impressive.  I
asked Bob Tullius if the TR8 was still for sale (he had encouraged me to buy it
in 1992 at the MID-OHIO event).  He said, "Not now, but ask again next year."

In an effort to save my marriage, I did not ask again next year.  My wife and
I have a deal.  I don't buy any more cars, and she doesn't take a scissors to
bed.

I wonder how people like Glen Efinger, Mike Jackson, J.K. Jackson, Tim
Studdard, etc. are making out.

At ELVF George Bruggenthies said there is a Relief Fund being set up for SCCA
Workers.  I guess there are more than a few with storm related issues.  We
made a contribution to the SCCA Hurricane Relief Fund via ROAD AMERICA.  Maybe
someone from Florida has more information in case other care to contribute.

Bill Dentinger