fot

RE: Cambridge car for sale

To: "'tom strange'" <tstrange@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: RE: Cambridge car for sale
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 20:42:02 -0700
Cheapest race car I ever bought was my Radical--43K brand new, completely
race ready and nothing that needed to be done, ever. Fast as I dared to go,
handled phenomenally, and could stop on a dime and give you nine cents
change. I fiddled with it until I got it five seconds a lap slower than my
best time, then put it all back to the stock settings and went six seconds
faster. It didn't need me, and ultimately, I didn't need it--sold it two
weeks ago. $25K, ah, well.

Most expensive race car is my cheater TR3. There's more crap stuffed into it
than a Christmas goose. I built everything at least twice. There's at least
three quarts of my blood spread evenly over the thing, and I've got the
knuckle scars to prove it. I'd have to sell it for $75K just to break even,
and whoever bought it would be banned from racing anywhere that has a tech
guy with a magnet. But I doubt that I'll ever sell it.