fot

Re: events

To: tedtsimx@bright.net, vinttr4@geneseo.net
Subject: Re: events
From: Group44TR7@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 09:06:20 EDT
    My casual observation of the vintage race sector is that groups like FOT
are gaining importance because they can help insure a significant numbers of
entries of a certain marque and help the track/sanctioning body attract
spectators who are interested in that particular marque.

    The registration fees for a CanAm is the same as for Triumphs. FOT can
probably match or even exceed the number of CanAm cars. The CanAm cars are a
big
spectator attraction. However, past experience has indicated that major
Triumph events can also be a significant spectator draws. Especially when the
regional Triumph clubs becomes involved and other "sister" British marques are
included.

    Moss as sponsored a Britsh event at Buttonwillow for years, I suggest
that our friends in the Pacific Northwest make the trip to that event instead
of
instigating an another one. I sure VARA can place the Peyote in with some
competitive cars.Triumph legends like Kas Kastner and Jerry Barker are often in
the paddock. True, Buttonwillow is probably not on the top ten list of race
tracks in the USA, but we should support those who supported Triumphs in the
past
(like GRM).

    Hopefuly, my business, health, and family obligations will allow me some
to be racing again in the near future. Best to everyone.

Cary