fot

Cool day at Sears

To: fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Cool day at Sears
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 20:59:04 -0700
Sure had fun today. Finished second after leading the field of 50+ cars for
most of the race. Peter Giddings in his 1935 Alfa Formula One car stayed on
my tail all through the race, on the second to last lap I dropped a
cylinder. Was going to pull in when it suddenly came back, and only Peter
had got by so I started chasing him down. He saw me coming just as he
encountered a big plug of lapped traffic. I've never seen anyone go through
traffic so ruthlessly. I was laughing so hard I could hardly drive. Looked
like a shark scattering a school of minnows. He was about 50 feet ahead at
the checker. Great fun.

I also met Mr.