fot

Re: Cool day at Sears

To: BillB@bnj.com
Subject: Re: Cool day at Sears
From: William G Rosenbach <wgrosenbach@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 11:21:22 -0600
Mr. Giddings pushes his Alfa harder on asphalt than anyone would do so on
dirt, without the benefit of any form of rollover protection. Thought we
lost him at Steamboat one year when his Alfa pinned his helmet to the
Earth. He is sure fun, if not frightening to watch and looks good doing
it.
Bill

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 20:59:04 -0700 Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com> writes:
> Sure had fun today. Finished second after leading the field of 50+
> cars for
> most of the race. Peter Giddings in his 1935 Alfa Formula One car
> stayed on
> my tail all through the race, on the second to last lap I dropped a
> cylinder. Was going to pull in when it suddenly came back, and only
> Peter
> had got by so I started chasing him down. He saw me coming just as
> he
> encountered a big plug of lapped traffic. I've never seen anyone go
> through
> traffic so ruthlessly. I was laughing so hard I could hardly drive.
> Looked
> like a shark scattering a school of minnows. He was about 50 feet
> ahead at
> the checker. Great fun.
>
> I also met Mr.

Now includes pop-up blocker!