fot

TR4 #197 needs e-diagnosis

To: fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4 #197 needs e-diagnosis
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 21:26:48 EDT
Thanks everyone, for the support on the diagnosis.

The noise was discovered and it was minor.

I did find a broken, but functioning timing chain tensioner, and replaced it.

I did drop the pan and checked for metal particles and checked the condition
of bearing surfaces. I was pleased with the results it was something I wanted
to do on this three year old engine, anyway.

I also checked the end play on the crank and it was within spec.

The noise was the edge of an aluminum panel vibrating on a steel nut. This
was occuring underneath the front carb and was misleading.

Now I can go to Black Hawk with some reasonable level of confidence.

Thanks again.

Joe (A)