fot

RE: Future FoT Challenge Race-A Proposal

To: <fot@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Future FoT Challenge Race-A Proposal
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@mccarty-law.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:36:31 -0500
I'm sure everyone will suggest his or her favorite track in his or her back
yard, but Blackhawk Farms might fit the bill nicely.  It's an hour or so from
Chicago.  It's in the middle of the country.  The track is relatively
inexpensive to rent.  And we could talk to Midwestern Council about being the
sanctioning body and providing race staffing for a fee -- VSCDA has experience
with this, at least the staffing portion.

Or we could run an event in parallel with one of Midwestern Council's own
scheduled races.  In Midwestern Council's events, the individual clubs each
operate their own race events under Midwestern Council's sanction.  We could
talk to one of the clubs about including a separate MG/Thicko/TR challenge race
as a separate race group.

Each of the individual Midwestern Council clubs takes the financial risk for
each race it puts on.  If we can pull in the numbers, the individual clubs
might very well be willing to bend over backwards to get us involved.

Scott