fot

re:SCCA cages

To: FOT LIST <fot@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re:SCCA cages
From: greg <gtlund@cyberspeedway.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 13:40:20 -0700
     Dave blew my cover. Yes I am a dreaded tech inspecter but I started
doing this to try to rescue tech from the dark side. I have seen some of
the mistakes tech has made over the years. SCCA is focusing on their
tech training to make tech inspectors more knowledgable and more
consistent so if your car passes at one venue it will pass anywhere. In
the past there has been a feeling that SCCA tech just looks for a reason
to keep you off the track. The new approach is to try and find a way to
get the car and driver out on the track. Bill Pachardo nationally and
Mike Higgins locally have been a great help to SCCA tech to push this
user friendly philosophy.
Greg Lund