fot

Re: VARA VROC Challenge

To: N197TR4@cs.com
Subject: Re: VARA VROC Challenge
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 07:39:38 EST
Amici,
The bidding closed last night right about $1700 for each seat.  Thanx to all
who kindly offered a contribution.  It was good to see Triumph's appear in the
scuffle..Steve

Hey Joe,
What this is about is that VARA has an annual challenge where all the class
champions get together for a runoff in identically prepared Toyotas for an IROC
style challenge.  Historically the small bore production guys win it.  This
year there are two extra cars available and VARA is auctioning them off for
charity.
The bidding has been hot and heavy among the wealthier racers, mostly for
their sons to have the seats.
Tonight, I talked to the wife and we threw down the gauntlet for the Great
Unwashed.  I bid $200 above the current bid in the name of Triumph and
thankfully got outbid in a few minutes.  Now I'm just tweaking the Porsches
upping the
ante a bit at a time and hoping I lose.
BUT...if the FOT had any contributions we could win the whole thing...which
means absolutely nothing for our collective coffers, Sigh...Steve

Joe (A)

Amici, I just bid 1500$ for the open seat in the VARA Vintage Race of
Champions.  Anybody have a few dollars to help me outbid the Porsches,...?