fot

selling car to Japan

To: "FOT List" <fot@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: selling car to Japan
From: "BOB KRAMER" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 08:07:14 -0600
FOT,
I may be getting close to selling my car to a guy in Japan. Like me he is
worried about dealing overseas. I have offered him the opportunity to ask the
list about me (see below) if he desires. I'm not sure his translator program
will understand our humor so if you choose to respond to an inquiry keep it
simple, but I'm not asking for anything but the truth. While I'm on the list I
want to thank the people that responded to my initial inquiry. I would have
blown this guy off if a few of you hadn't given some good advice as to how to
proceed. I'm still not sure he's not trying to scam me (take the car to
Houston first, hah) but it looks promising.
Thanks gang
Bob

Hisashi,

I understand that it will cost a lot to ship the car to Japan. Right now the
exchange rate is very favorable in your favor and you can buy very nicely from
the USA. I cannot sell this car for $10,000.00. It simply has too many
expensive race parts like the custom rear axle and close ratio overdrive
transmission. There is another TR4 for sale right now in the US. The owner
wants $9,950.00 for it and it has no close ratio gearbox, no overdrive and no
custom axles. The stock axles in these cars are prone to breaking while racing
causing the car to flip. The Southwick rear axle in my car is worth at least
$1500.00, the close ratio overdrive gearbox at least $2000.00. My price is
very fair for what I have to sell.

I can offer you two options. I will replace the close-ratio gearbox with a
rebuilt standard 4 speed and sell you the car for $10,000.00. If that does not
fit your needs than I can give you the contact information for the other
seller. His car is a lesser car to mine in other ways besides the gearbox and
rear axle but if it is only the selling price that matters, his car is in your
price range.

As for delivering the car to NIPPON EXPRESS, I can do that but I will require
a deposit of 10% transferred into my account before I will move the car and
assurances that they will not ship the car until I release it after full
payment is received. That will means that I will need to pay them and you will
have to send me that money as well. It would be faster if you sent the payment
in full and I brought the car to them for shipment immediately. You do not
need to worry about trusting me. I am well known to the Triumph racing people
throughout the USA. I can give you multiple references if you require. Why
don't you send an email to  fot@autox.team.net
and ask about me? I'm sure you will get positive responses from any number of
people. The FOT is the Friends Of Triumph racing mailing list where we all
communicate about anything that has to do with racing Triumphs. If you buy the
car you will want to join this mailing list. It is by invitation only and I
would be happy to nominate you as the buyer of my car.

Now we that have each other's email address maybe we can communicate faster.
Remember that even though we are talking outside their system I still have to
pay a 5% seller fee to racecars.com.

Bob Kramer
rkramer3@austin.rr.com