fot

Re: Spitfire Competition Billet Axles

To: Rob Stewart <robstewart@telwares.com>, fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spitfire Competition Billet Axles
From: Bill Manning <gripdad@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 11:43:23 -0800 (PST)
Rob,
I just had a pair made by Summers Brothers Inc., 530
S. Mountain Ave., Ontario, CA 91762, 909-986-2041. He
has made axles for other FOT members and they look
great but I haven't driven them yet, Price was about
$1100 with some disassembly of my old axles and
machining the old hubs to take larger bearings. He
also replaced my wheel studs. They were machined from
aircraft steel and use the stock flanges and
universals from the later Spitfire
                    -Bill Manning     VARA DP Spitfire