fot

Re: Spitfire on Ebay

To: fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spitfire on Ebay
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@Autox.Team.Net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:54:16 -0700
Too bad I'm broke, I'd be bidding on this car for sure.  Hmmm, I'm starting
this message at 11:47.

Turns out road racers in the Utah area have gotten some pretty good news
lately.  Larry H. Miller, a local car dealer, owner of the Utah Jazz and
now the baseball team as well, is planning on building a track in Utah.
He owns the Mountainview track at Mead, Colorado, and after getting denied
permission to expand that has focues his effort on the Salt Lake area.  Most
of the hurdles have been cleared so far, construction could start this spring.

It won't be ready this year for a road race to celebrate the 50th anniversary
of the Utah Region of the SCCA, but since I think the first race in Salt Lake
was in 1956, having another SCCA race in 2006 would be 50 years later.

Anyway, I'm leaning towards making a F,G or H Prod Spitfire that conforms to
the current GCR, and starting with a roller that already has a cage would
be nice.  Then again, I could use the welding practice building my own
cage.  We'll see what happens.

mjb.