fot

RE: TR4 rocker ratio

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR4 rocker ratio
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 09:26:18 -0800
It might seem like I'm overly focused on this issue, but I'm getting ready
to add roller rockers to Peyote, so I'm studying up on how to get the
geometry just right. I did finally find somewhat of a reference. In Rick
Voegelin's book on engine blueprinting he says the theoretical  ratio
differs from the actual due to manufacturing tolerances, the deflections in
the drivetrain, and the complex motion of the rocker as it sweeps across the
valve stem. Sounds right that it's all three of those things.

Very useful book by the way.