fot

Brake line fittings

To: "'Henry Frye '" <henry@henryfrye.com>,
Subject: Brake line fittings
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:16:18 -0800
I bit the bullet tonight and replaced all my 45 degree long female nut
double flare hard pipe fittings jammed onto AN3 male connectors with proper
AN818 and AN819 37 degree fittings. I swear I will never double flare again.
They were ten times easier to make up and clearly connect much more
positively. When you tighten the fitting it just settles firmly with half a
turn of torque, instead of slowly squishing into place as mismatched 45
degree flares on 37 degree AN3 does. Very pretty. worth the work, and the
bits are cheap though the flaring tool is a bit spendy.

Got all the stuff from aircraft spruce.

*** WARNING *** Do NOT get Aircraft Spruce's new race car parts catalog. May
cause rapid lightening of bank accounts and serious altercations with
spousal budgetary authorities.