fot

RE: Gilmer Belts/Pulley; Oil Cooler

To: fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Gilmer Belts/Pulley; Oil Cooler
From: Henry Frye <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:36:49 -0500
At 08:06 AM 01/31/2005 -0800, Bill Babcock wrote:
>British Frame and Engine (Ken Gillanders) has a nice narrow belt conversion
>that works very well. Has an aluminum reverse tophat pulley that doesn't
>toast your bearings or require relocation of the belt, and includes a
>harmonic damper. It's not Gilmer, but it works very well.

I concur, the BF&E setup works great for me.

Does anyone have any real evidence, (like dyno numbers) on how much HP is
gained going to a Gilmer setup?

Another thought, I am not sure I want my water pump going any slower. I
convinced myself that the coolant pressure in the block is one of those
"more is better" things. At least my #4 piston thinks so.