fot

RE: MC pic

To: "'REK46@aol.com'" <REK46@aol.com>
Subject: RE: MC pic
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 17:54:07 -0800
The wilwood master cylinder really really   _IS_  actually drilled for AN-3.
At the bottom of the hole is a standard 37 degree internal taper. They
supply an adapter with the master cylinder that converts it to 45 degree
double flare, but I prefer to use AN fittings because you can make them up
without leakage again and again.

The ONLY problem is that they drilled and tapped it for the long fitting.
All AN fittings come in short and long, and the short is by far the more
common length. For the -3 the short length is 1/2" and the long is 5/8".

Actually, the thread for AN-3 is the same as standard 3/16 brake flare nuts.
The difference is how the bottom of the hole is finished. It's a REALLY good
idea for Willwod to do the hole in the aluminum master cylinder as an AN-3
because it's easy to make and it doesn't wear out like the raised nipple of
a flare fitting. My only problem is that I'm being finicky. I'll send some
pictures so you won't think I'm nuts.

  _____