fot

RE: MC pic

To: "'REK46@aol.com'" <REK46@aol.com>, jaboruch@netzero.net
Subject: RE: MC pic
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 10:43:40 -0800
For what it's worth, here's some pictures. Notice that the 90 degree angle
is the long AN3, while the union is the short. Unfortunately I can't use the
90 degree adapter--it won't clear. The  AN-3 to flare adapter Wilwood
supplies with the M/C is in the middle.  I called Aircraft spruce and they
said they used to carry both because a lot of older equipment uses the Long,
but all the modern stuff is short. I'll call Wilwood on Monday.

The AN Flare picture shows the 37 degree AN single flare. This has the
benefit of spreading under compression which makes it harder for it to
squirm loose. I really like these fittings--they are very secure and can be
removed and replaced without starting to leak. Standard 45 degree double
flares, or even worse, bubble flares are really only good for an
installation that is never disturbed.

The Almost Ready picture looks like I'm not, but actually all I need to do
is put the engine together and stick it in. That;s a single weekend or three
nights work. Compared to what I did this winter, it's nuttin'.

The pictures will be scraped off for general FOT members. If you'd like to
see, send me an email. Brad, the Mastercyl picture is of my home-made
balance bar setup. I made it bolt-in so I can revert to the fixed bars if I
don't like it.

  _____