fot

RE: Yikes and cam problem:: HELP!!!

To: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>,
Subject: RE: Yikes and cam problem:: HELP!!!
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 20:46:54 -0600
Bill, the specs on the cam I'm running indicate that the cam should be
installed with 3 degrees of advance, and that with this advance the
centerlines are Intake 106 degrees ATDC and Exhaust 112 degrees BTDC.  At
20 thou checking clearance (I know this would normally be 50 thou but not
on this cam) Intake opens 37 degrees BTDC, closes 69 degrees ABDC; Exhaust
opens 75 degrees BBDC, closes 31 degrees ATDC.  This is 286 degrees
duration at 20 thou.

Make whatever sense of this you can.  I'm not an expert on this, but
thought these would be helpful.

I suspect that your original installation specs were pretty close...

- Tony Drews