fot

RE: Yikes and cam problem:: HELP!!!

To: "'kas kastner '" <kaskas@cox.net>
Subject: RE: Yikes and cam problem:: HELP!!!
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 22:46:14 -0800
 Well, I've got more rational numbers, I guess. I redid the centerline
settings to 105 on the intake and then read everything with a .020 checking
clearance as tony suggested. I got:

intake
39.5 BTDC open
74 ABDC close
105 measured centerline  107.5 calculated 293.5 duration

exhaust
81 BBDC open
34 ATDC close
114 measured CL  113.5 calculated 295 duration

Overlap is 73.5 degrees.

That looks in the ballpark. Still looks like a fairly weird cam, but it
worked well last year.

I redid the numbers at .050 just to see:

intake
open 26 BTDC
close 55 ABDC
cl 105 measured 104.5 calc 261 duration

exhaust
open 66 BBDC
close 15 ATDC
cl 115 measured 115.5 calc  261 Duration

overlap is 41 degrees

Basically it's about 11 degrees advanced. I might trim that back to 3 or 4.
Be nice to have a dyno to play with this. I bet there's a pony in there
somewhere.