fot

RE: Boring Wet Liners-More to learn

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Boring Wet Liners-More to learn
From: "Joe Guinan" <joeg@neb.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:27:58 -0600
Newby alert!

I'm attempting my first post to the list...  Hope it works.

Please accept my thanks for the invitation, nomination and the seconds!  And
thanks in advance for the answers to what surely will be MANY questions,
since my partner and I are just getting started on this endeavor.

One question I have in relation to this topic - What clearances do you
typically run between the cylinder walls and the pistons?  On the block in
question, my machine shop is worried that the .040 oversized pistons that
came with this engine will have .12 of piston to cylinder wall clearance.
That sounds like too much to us, and we are thinking we need to use a
different block.  We just aren't sure about the Jahns forged pistons
"growing" with the heat or something like that.  Any input would be
appreciated.

Joe Guinan - I guess that makes me Joe (G) from now on...

751 Day Drive

Fremont, NE 68025

joeg@neb.rr.com