fot

Re: West Coast Triumph MG Challenge

To: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: West Coast Triumph MG Challenge
From: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 17:00:17 -0800
Bill, for the MG's I'm sure Gary Silcox, Paul Burkhard, maybe Joe Gordon,
probably a car from the Hart collection (aka Tony Garmey), Ken Botini (MG
car club VP and SOVREN VP) and a couple of other Bs and probably an A or 2
would make it.  For the Triumphs you got me, Jeff Quick, Larry Choates (if
we can keep his car running), John James, you, and again maybe a Hart
collection car (TR250K ?).  Mark York is trying to get a TR3 here from the
East Coast and Chuck Arnolds car probably isn't vintage or his TR250 isn't
ready.  We might be able to scrounge up a few other cars such as Spitfires,
though I haven't seen any in a couple of years.  That would be about a dozen
cars, we probably need to get upwards of 20 to get a full grid.
 Would this be only MG's and TR's or would you imagine it would be MG
powered or TR powered cars also (as in TVR's, Devins, Specials or
Elva's)(and Peyote's).
I've talked to Botini about doing an all British car grid last year and he
might need a little prodding to think about the MG-Triumph thing. If we
could do some kind of late race or feature race, it would probably fit in.
It seems the days are all filled with the different groups and that would be
the problem.
Let me know if there's anything I can do to help out.  I don't know if you
know I'm an MG guy as well as a TR guy(also a couple of Jags).
Charly Mitchel