fot

RE: buying gasoline

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: buying gasoline
From: "Randall" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 23:26:29 -0700
> Don't kid yourself Randall,
> Valero buys huge amounts of oil from all over the globe.  They can compete
> on price so well due to buying most of their crude on the spot market
> instead of having long term contracts.

Perhaps it's because I've been enjoying this nice Scotch ... but I don't see how
that would make it easy for them to compete against the people who own wells,
like Shell and BP/Amoco.

Come to think of it, does Shell even sell retail gasoline any more ?  All the
Shell stations near my house have closed, probably because they refused to
replace their leaky single-wall underground tanks.

Randall