fot

Auto Insurance

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Auto Insurance
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:20:31 EDT
Just one person's endorsement, but I have Hagerty on my three classic cars. I
was told by their rep that if I were racing fewer than five or six weekends a
year, I could just insure my race car using standard street insurance which
would take care of any storage, transit and parking (read paddock) activities
as well as covering me for the occasional street parade outside the paddock
(like at Watkins Glen and Wine Country Classic). More than about six races, I
was
told, and it would be defined as a racing car only, in which case they would
write storage, transit, and paddock, but no collision or liability coverage
for use on public roads. Carrying street insurance on my race car, I was asked
to sign a specific waiver that Iunderstand that there is absolutely no coverage
for any use on a course designed for competition use (terminology that would
apply to an autocross course, or to a lunchtime tour of the race track, as
well as regular racing).
A year ago, my race car was totalled when the mechanic rolled it avoiding a
deer during a routine road test to check the clutch and transmission after a
clutch job. Hagerty settled for the full agreed value of the car and then
turned
around and wrote the insurance for me on the new car that I built with the
insurance money. Very nice people.
Cheers
Gary Anderson