fot

Re: FoT Invitation to SVRA's Mid-Ohio-June 2006

To: N197TR4@cs.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FoT Invitation to SVRA's Mid-Ohio-June 2006
From: Henry Frye <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 13:29:15 -0400
At 12:38 PM 05/03/2005 -0400, N197TR4@cs.com wrote:

>While at Road Atlanta, we received an invitation to make an "FoT Appearance"
>at Mid-Ohio 2006.  A firm proposal is not on the table, but it could be
>something like a Triumph/Morgan Feature Race.

While I am sure you all know what I am going to say, I'll say it again
anyway...

;-)

My vote is to try to get the "FoT Appearance"  at an event that is NOT an
HSR/SVRA type event. Especially not Mid-Ohio.

I really think we will get more attendance if we can get more than 5
sessions for $400.

We have a calendar full of opportunities with VDCA, VSCDA, VARAC and VRG.
Why not one of these? What happened to the idea of Hallet?

I think we just need to pick an event and all show up. These events have
plenty of track time, and would be happy to have 25+ Triumphs show up.

How about the VRG event at BeaveRun? Just outside Pittsburgh. Early July.
Held a week from the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix so folks with a long tow
can run both.

Or Road America in September with VSCDA?

Or VIR with VDCA?

Or Mosport with VARAC?

Anything but SVRA at Mid-Ohio. Please...