fot

RE: Mid-Ohio and is anyone camping?

To: "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Mid-Ohio and is anyone camping?
From: "barry rosenberg" <britcars@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 12:37:00 -0400
      I agree with Ted 100%. I have been saying the same thing for a long
time. If it were not for the Porsche 356s that run in our groups, we would
have been gone a long time ago. When ever they, HSR and SVRA, need to make
up time, what groups track time gets shortened? The groups we run in. Friday
at the Mitty was a good example. With only one lap at speed, group B in the
MG/TR race was called so that the enduro could be run. Why couldn't it have
been shortened a little and the MGs and TRs given a little more time? Or,
why not give a little extra time during the weekend to compensate, or a
partial refund or credit toward your next event? This has been a complaint
heard for years in the paddock but this is the first time I have seen it in
print. What can be done about it? Nothing, it is there ball park, bat, ball,
gloves, etc. They get to make the rules. I guess we should be happy they
still let us play with them.   Barry