fot

RE: VARA Buttonwillow British Extravaganza

To: <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: VARA Buttonwillow British Extravaganza
From: "MDunst / Gasket Works USA" <gasket.works@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 21:08:54 -0700
the scoop at the BE this Weekend.   All TR's started and all finnished.  We
all drove onto the trailers with BIG BE smiles.

For the TR/MG challange  ---I suspect there were about 30 entries.
J.Wilkins Spitfire is uncatchable - I tried. Even though I bested my best
time at the track by 2.5 seconds and went 2:10.69 John went just enough
faster to beat me to come in first.  His best time for that event was not
that much different than mine but, the only thing that matters is who comes
in first.  He is a consistent driver with a very well maintained and
balanced car.

So, for the record the BE had the first six finnishers as Spit (Wilkins),
TR4a (me), TR4a (Paul Smock), TR4a(John Frymark), TR6 (Jay Diamond) and Joe
Siam's FProd Spitfire in 6th yet first in class.

 Wilins' best time this weekend was 2:07+.  To give you an idea how fast
that is around that track... the top CP Porsches turn about the same lap
times.  If he was in that run group there would be some very dissapointed
Porsches.

As for me ---my new motor revs amazingly well. My older son was very pround
and pleased to see this happen.  It was his  first time actually, building
and fitting a custom motor together with me.  And I mean "fitted" together,
from machining the liners on the lathe, Grinding and weighing the Rods so
they would fit down the bores, Grinding the bottom of the liners so the rods
would fit, Grinding the block for clearances, making special base figure of
8 O rings for the liners.   To see all these lifless pieces come together
and perfom on the track just three days later....is special.

Suffice it to say that I was amazingly pleased as well.

Mordy Dunst
Gasket Works USA, LLC
www.headgasket.com
+626.358.1616 voice