fot

RE: what's wrong with Vintage Racing

To: "'wgrosenbach@juno.com'" <wgrosenbach@juno.com>, britcars@bellsouth.net
Subject: RE: what's wrong with Vintage Racing
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 09:09:13 -0700
But it sure makes for some handy grease.

I'm constantly amazed by how people live today. Everyone expects to own a
nice 3500 square foot home, two cars, lots of toys, vacations in Europe and
the islands. That used to be the province of the lucky few--the "executive
lifestyle". Don't get me wrong, I'm all up for that and a lot more but it
sure is interesting to see how much better off almost everyone is, and what
their expectations are.

My friends think I'm insane to not simply hire someone to build my
airstream, or just buy what I want. But the reality below is the real reason
why I'm doing my airstream--by myself. Sure, I can afford a motorhome decked
out like a Nevada whorehouse and a big equipment trailer behind, but my wife
hates that kind of stuff, and I just don't think it's any fun. Rather build
it myself because then I can fix it when it breaks (and it will--I didn't
say I was GOOD at this stuff). And I'd rather rough it a little than drag
around ten tons of junk.

I LIKE being in the dirt paddock.