fot

RE: no lbc young drivers

To: "'rob'" <19to1tr6@comcast.net>, FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: no lbc young drivers
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 16:42:28 -0700
Money well spent, and don't tell him.

I used to follow my daughter when she rode a motorcycle. Finally got busted
when the damned thing broke down and I had to stop and help her. As a guy
who started driving Motorcycles when he was fifteen and never quit I have a
few things to say to people who buy road motorcycles for their kids: Driver
safety class; very good helmet, good jacket and pants (preferably leather
but Kevlar-reinforced ballistic cloth is okay), very good gloves, back
armor, advanced driving class. If you're not willing to do all that, then
don't get them a bike.

First time you catch them not using all the gear, take the bike away.

If I had my way they'd be wearing a helmet in the car too, but I'm just
chicken when it comes to my daughters. They scare the crap out of me, and
they've never done a fraction of the lunatic things I did. But then again,
many of my old motorcycle buddies are dead.