fot

Re: Hallet in Spring of 2006 - Now East & West, GRM

To: N197TR4@cs.com, kaskas@cox.net, rkramer3@austin.rr.com, TRDOCTOR@aol.com,
Subject: Re: Hallet in Spring of 2006 - Now East & West, GRM
From: Group44TR7@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 07:28:28 EDT
    The reality of the situation is that FOT should pick a series of events
across the country so that everyone has an event that is within reasonable
distance and expense to get together with their fellow FOT drivers. From time
time, a truly national sense makes sense if there is a major anniversary, but
not every year.

    For example, if GRM is going to continue to give Mitty it's support and
further continue its support of British cars, then perhaps it should be the
southeastern FOT meet of the year. Certainly the VARA Buttonwillow event that
Moss has sponosored for years deserves to be on that schedule as well.

    It would be interesting to hear from Tim what GRM plans are for the
future at Mitty. Tim's publications have shown continuing support for FOT and
deserve continued consideration in FOT planning. So do the fine people at Moss.
We
need to build ongoing win-win relationships. It would be further interesting
to hear GRM and Moss perspective of what events they are supporting and why.

    Several years ago we did a survey of the FOT members for purposes of
examining the type of cars they were driving and their competitive interest
(autocross, etc.). Perhaps it is time for someone to do another survey that
included
the location of the drivers so we can get a better sense of where people are
located and their recommendation of events for the FOT schedule.

    In addition, perhaps the FOMG :) have similar issues and more discussion
between the two groups about series of scheduled events makes some logical
sense. It may make alot of sense to work with the Jaguar guys and other British
marques to have a series of British meets across the country where there is a sp
arse FOT group. Or simply to build leverage with the track and event managers.

    If we had a series of events, it might also stimulate more active
interest by VTR members in FOT racing. In the absense of a parent corporation,
VTR is
the closest thing we have to a manufacturer's group for promotion to other
owners of the marque. And realistically, the more that we generate gate
revenues
from VTR members, the more support we will get from GRM - Moss and others who
business is based of the overall Triumph motoring community.

    Amen - Its Time To Watch F1
    Cary